Thursday, July 10, 2008

Release Date 7/7/2008































I released this message off of Breezy Pt. I came out to do some kayak surfing on the tide-race/sandbar.
Low water at the Battery was 18:45.

We were on the water by 16:00. There was very little swell, but there was a bit of surf because of the tide against the swell and the sandbar. It was difficult to get good rides because the sweet spot of the surf breaks moved around a lot, depending on the size of the waves, and they didn't break for very long. I played in the waves for an hour or so, then went off to do a bit of fishing.

I got a few strikes, and caught a small fluke and sea robin. I had one bluefish up near the boat, but it got off.
We saw a great sunset.

Truth: Sometimes the fish aren't biting.

No comments: