On Christmas day the kayak trailer I had commissioned finally showed up at our house. It took about 2 months but it came out really nice.
On the first test I sheared the connecting bolt off of the hitch, but we replaced it with another bolt, and more importantly added a bunch of rubber that would allow the hitch to twist on the back of the bike rather than stress the bolt. This seemed to do the trick and its working well. I just went local with it, and got a LOT of laughs and weird looks from the local but I got to the water!
Im a bit worried that wheels are not attached well enough, but its hard to tell how much stress is on it.
The paddle itself was short just an hour to test it out.
|Returning to beach in light surf.|
One problem is my spray skirt wont stay on it, but im hoping the skirt that came with the boat will work better. My skirt is for a sharp glass kayak coaming.
The boat paddled ok, its about the right length easy to turn and handle in the surf, but still ok on speed. Im a bit worried about the quality of the seat and rudder assembly, but time will tell.
|We put up some of our new wooden spearguns on the wall as art!|
|Kate made this cool batik for me.|
These butterflies appear to be doing a mating dance:
Truth: shocks help