Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Release Date 6/26/2007







I released this message off Assateague Island in Maryland.

The only dissapointment was that I didn't see any of the wild ponies. I had been the neighboring island, Chinqoteague when I was a kid, and I always wanted to go back.

I was on my way back from a trip to Florida, and I did a day of paddling and camping here. I stayed on the beach, and I had the entire campsite to myself. My original plan was to launch on the bay side, paddle around the end of the Island, and to the site, but it was too late by the time I got there. I did paddle for a few hours on the bayside, then re-launched to go down the beach to the campsite. I'm really glad I took the beach side camp area, because the bugs were just terrible whenever I went anywhere near land, and wasn't in the wind.

Even though it was overcast, I got to see a great sunset and sunrise. I amused myself with a campfire down by the water's edge at night.

Truth: If you think about doing something long enough, you can't tell if it's a good idea or not anymore, and you just have to do it.

No comments: