Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Release Date 9/23/2007


































I went on a long paddle from Red Hook up to the GW bridge to meet some friends and have a late night BBQ.

We stopped at Fairway and picked-up food for dinner, then went to a little beach near the bridge on the NY side. It's funny I was riding by this area over and over in the last year, but I never knew there were beaches here. It also brought back a number of memories that were a little painful.

It was a stunning night, the sunset was great, then the wind died the moon was almost full.

We had a great dinner. Steak on the grill, corn on the cob, and baked beans.

The paddle back was with the current, but kind of intense because it was so late, and I was pretty tired. I landed in Red Hook at 1:00AM.

Truth: Steak on the Grill is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim,
I found this link from a kayaking list serve rockandwater. I just wanted to say that your message in a bottle project is cool.
I am writing to mostly say how much I enjoyed your Alaska pictures. I lived there from 1981-1984. I definately want to go back perhaps to live permantley one day.
I am a newbie kayaker,no equipment yet but am getting there.
Thanks for sharing. keep up the good work and paddle safe.