Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Release Date 5/14/2007







































I released this message off of Manaasquan NJ on 5/14/2007 at 10:00 AM. I was working on the 2nd to last leg of my Cape May to Brooklyn paddle.


It was a really nice day. About 55 degrees and sunny when we started, and it probably went up to 70 degrees during the afternoon. Almost no wind to start with, but the wind shifting to be a following wind and steadily increasing all day. By the time we finished it was blowing at about 20 knots, which was really nice since it blew us right up the coast.
We launched at 9:00 AM, made it to Bradley Beach by 12:00, and after a 30 minute lunch break landed at Sandy Hook at 16:00. About 22 NM.

I paddled the whole day with my Greenland paddle, and even managed a very ugly cool-off roll with it.

There were lots of people fishing, and at one point I saw a blue fish bight the tail off of a 6 inch mullet. I saw a little disturbance in the water, then a fish floundering at the surface with its tail missing and blood pouring out. It looked just like one of those scenes on TV where a shark attacks. I saw the blue fish swimming around, coming back for the rest. Once I backed off a little he attacked again. These are very aggressive fish!


Truth: Spring is Here.

No comments: