Thursday, June 22, 2006

Release Date 6/20/2006




Paddled up the Hudson River, and released the bottle at about 140th St around 19:00.

We were having a kayak cookout at the Park up under tha Palisades. This is a great spot, and although the party ran a little late it was a lot of fun.

In case its not clear my fancy camera has broken, so I have been reduced to taking cellphone pictures if nobody else on the trip has a real camera.

I have gotten some flak that the messages need to be more interesting. One friend suggested poetry, but I don't think I'm up to that. Another suggestion, actually it was my wacky idea, was to put disturbing fortunes in them eg. "The person who opened this bottle will be dead within 1 year" that sort of thing. Instead I have settled for indisputable truths, or important anecdotes that will fit on the small space.

On this note I wrote:

"When confronted with a decision where your heart tells you one thing, and your mind another its safer to listen to your mind, but more fulfilling to listen to your heart"

Hopefully I didn't accidently plagurize that from a song...

No comments: